On Tuesday 18 February 2003 08:32, Eduardo Huertas wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 February 2003 08:14, you wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 08:59, Eduardo Huertas wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've been trying to install evolution the last couple of weeks updating
> > > each time the ports but with no luck.  And always the error is when
> > > trying to make soup:
> >
> > Make sure you have the latest version of glib12 installed.  In fact, you
> > might try doing a forced upgrade of glib12 if you already have it
> > installed.
> >
> > Joe
>
> Yes! That's it! It already passed the soup thing.  Evolution has not
> finished but I trust it will make good.
>
> Thanks a lot Joe!
>
> -edu-

OK
Seems I had no luck.  Now it complains about gdk-pixbuf even though I have
built it myself through ports with the last version:

===>  Extracting for gdk-pixbuf-0.22.0
>> Checksum OK for gnome/gdk-pixbuf-0.22.0.tar.bz2.

Seems the port of evolution finds an older version and I found gdk-pixbuf
here:
infcoord# find / -name "gdk-pixbuf" -print
/usr/local/include/gdk-pixbuf-1.0/gdk-pixbuf
/usr/local/lib/gdk-pixbuf
/usr/ports/graphics/gdk-pixbuf
/usr/X11R6/lib/gdk-pixbuf
/usr/X11R6/include/gdk-pixbuf-1.0/gdk-pixbuf
/usr/X11R6/share/doc/gdk-pixbuf

And every file has the date of today.

Evolution port says the following:

Checking for gdk-pixbuf with GNOME canvas support... 0.17.0 found
configure: error:

You need gdk-pixbuf with GNOME canvas support 0.18.0 or higher to build
evolution
If you think you already have this installed, consult the README.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
      Please report the problem to [EMAIL PROTECTED] [maintainer] and attach
      the "/usr/ports/mail/evolution/work/evolution-1.2.2/config.log"
including
      the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a
      good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
      system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/evolution.

Thanks to everybody for your help.