Andrew D wrote:
Leslie Jensen wrote:
I have a machine that only runs during office hours. I've rescheduled the periodic jobs in crontab so that they run when the machine is on.

My question is can I reschedule the adjkerntz job as well, without causing any problems? I'm concerned because the job is set to run 12 times during night time, and I'm thinking that maybe it's a resource hog and therefore it's not advisible to run it when one uses the machine?

adjkerntz is used for adjusting the time when daylight savings starts and finishes. I wouldn't worry about it as the system runs it on boot up.

... and if your CMOS clock is set to UTC, then adjkerntz is a no-op anyhow.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                 Flat 3
                                                 Kent, CT11 9PW