On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 11:40 -0400, Steve Bertrand wrote:
> Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > for some time now I keep receiving spam mails from my own (small) mail
> > server, some of them with faked usernames some of them even with my own
> > ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).
>
> How have you identified that they are actually being delivered by your
> server itself?
>
> It is my experience that this is likely not the case, and it is only
> your addresses that are being forged.

Additionally, I see sendmail add the local domain to the From field of
incoming messages where the domain is missing. I've seen this on
numerous spam messages and even the occasional legitimate email. It's
been on my to-do list to look into this and modify it. Had me scratching
my head for a while the first time I saw it.

Wayne