Hi all

Classic question but I don't find the answers by google.

If I've server with X procs, N Go ram and if the only purpose of this
server is to run a postgresql daemon how can I known/calculate what I must
give to those variable

        set kern.ipc.semmni=?
        set kern.ipc.semmns=?
        set kern.ipc.semmnu=?

and

        kern.ipc.shmall=?
        kern.ipc.shmmax=?
        kern.ipc.semmap=?

Once those variables is determined how can I known/calculate the variable
in postgresql.conf ?

shared_buffers = 32MB                   # min 128kB or max_connections*16kB
                                        # (change requires restart)
#temp_buffers = 8MB                     # min 800kB
#max_prepared_transactions = 5          # can be 0 or more
                                        # (change requires restart)
# Note:  Increasing max_prepared_transactions costs ~600 bytes of shared
# memory
# per transaction slot, plus lock space (see max_locks_per_transaction).
#work_mem = 1MB                         # min 64kB
#maintenance_work_mem = 16MB            # min 1MB
#max_stack_depth = 2MB                  # min 100kB
# - Free Space Map -
max_fsm_pages = 204800                  # min max_fsm_relations*16, 6 bytes each
                                        # (change requires restart)
#max_fsm_relations = 1000               # min 100, ~70 bytes each
                                        # (change requires restart)

# - Kernel Resource Usage -

#max_files_per_process = 1000           # min 25

?

Regards.

JAS
--