On Aug 27, 2008, at 2:47 PM, Nejc Škoberne wrote:
[ ... ]  Or, you could set up Sybase's
I also have some Sybase SQL servers on SERVERS network, which use broadcasts to announce themselves to the network. Before, when there were no separate segments, everything worked fine
of course.

My question: is there any way to "proxy" (forward) broadcast requests from USERS1 to the SERVERS network? So the users in USERS* networks could find Sybase SQL servers via broadcasts?

The simple answer is no: if you want subnet-local broadcast traffic to be received, then your DB servers and your clients need to be on the same subnet. Routers are designed and required to not propagate broadcast traffic, although you could switch to doing bridging rather than routing. Or, you could set up Sybase's SQL.INI to list all of the databases you care about, if I recall correctly...

Regards,
--
-Chuck