At 15:21 28/08/2008, RW wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:13:40 +0200
> Eduardo Morras <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > No, if you check a NTFS disk after some work, it's heavily
> > fragmented. As you fill it and work with it, it becomes more and
> > more fragmented.

How did you measure it? AFAIK the percentage fragmentation figures given
by windows tools and fsck, aren't measured on the same basis.

I run jkdefrag. I outs an image of fragmented files. In practice work, when i defrag the data disks i get 30-40 (even 50) MB/s when copying files using a Gigabit ethernet and ftp. This copy speed drops to 9-10 MB/s after some days of work.