Hi!

I have a working FBSD 7.0 and two disks in RAID-1 (gmirror). Now I want
to add another disk which will be used as file exchange disk so I don't
need it in raid-1 (not sensitive data).
Do I add new drive with standard procedure and just create a new mount
point e.g. /newdrive or do I need to do something else?

what is "standard procedure" of adding drive to the system? i never heard about this unless you mean standard procedure of installing disk in PC computers - like putting inside, mounting with screws, pluggin power and signal cables etc. ;)

do whatever you need and is best for you. it's unix, not windoze.

if it's for file exchange, then it will be often connected and disconnected, so make some subdir, add

/dev/drive /subdir ufs rw,noatime,noauto 0 0

and mount it and unmount manually when needed.

note that if you need transfering data to nearby computers, fast (or gigabit) ethernet is much better idea than constantly swapping drives.