On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 08:55:09 -0700 (PDT)
d c <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Has anyone ran across this?  Is there an alternate instead of ip?  Perhaps I
> can hack it into the source.

yup, i found it too when I recently reinstalled it to get back onto a PPTP vpn.
FWIW, it works just fine regardless of the messages , and I am routing specific
subnets through it via ppp.conf ( add xx.x.x.xx/yy HISADDR).

Running 7.0-STABLE when I installed it a few weeks ago, now on 7.1-PRERELEASE.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"He has the attention span of a lightning bolt."
  Robert Redford

Warned.