I have seen that when a script is running and it uses the bash shell.

This is my main concern at the moment... I am wondering if I killed off an essential process when I killed off those shells...

It doesn't seem like it, because everything seems to be working.

I'd love to restart the server to see if they come back to life, but that would ruin my uptime stat. As a newbie admin, I take great pride in my 152 day, 100% uptime stat. (Hey, it's the little things in life that make me happy... it obviously isn't the money :-)

I have see that too where you close a ssh session too soon like you stated.

I'm guessing this is the real cause... I'll be more careful in the future.

Thanks: John