On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 11:11:20 -0400, Gerard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For no apparent reason, the following error message has suddenly
> started showing up when I reboot the machine:
>
> sysctl: unknown oid 'net.fibs'
>

> I am running FBSD-6.3 presently. Is this error important and if so,
> what can I do to correct it?

On FreeBSD 7, net.fibs is a valid oid. Can you determine when
(in the booting process) this message is shown? Maybe you have
a setting of net.fibs in /etc/sysctl.conf, or maybe this is a
value set by some software package?

        % sysctl net.fibs
        net.fibs: 1

In /usr/include/net/route.h, something regarding FIBS is mentioned...

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0