In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, David Southwell wrote:
Hi

I am really ignorant about this issue.

I am running postfix on freebsd 7.0 using a dynamic IP address and am getting requests to turn on smtp authentication for outgoing mails to reach servers such as yahoo.com but do not know how to do it.

I think that is probably due to your MTA running on a dynamic IP connection, which are blacklisted for abuse by spammers most of the times. How about you using a smarthost (probably your ISP's mail-server) to deliver your mails from
your postfix. I'm using the similar way with Postfix running on my local mail
server, relaying all outgoing mails via Google's SMTP servers.

HTH
Ashish