One of my boxes are using a mb with a VIA PLE133T chipset.
In the BIOS I have ACPI enabled and the box is set to wake
up at 06:00 in the morning. I am using a disk drawer to
easily change operating systems.
When I am using a disk with Windows 2000 or Linux and
turn the box off at night, it will turn back on at 06:00
as expected. When using the disk with R4.7p4 and doing a
shutdown -p the box will not turn itself on the next
morning!
I realize that the ACPI functions are not fully implemented
yet, but I fail to see how it should influence a cold
boot. Any ideas?
What I am attempting is to have the box turn on, do its
thing and turn itself off until the next morning.
Kjell