On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Wojciech Puchar
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Now, I'm sure, as usual, I'm being naive, but:
>>
>> 1) We can run 32-bit linux on amd64, so do we have 32-bit freebsd libs
>> already?
>
> yes.
>

>> 2) If we don't have the 32-bit libs, is it possible to steal them
>
> base system's 32-bit libs are installed by default, for older version
> through compat6x,5x,4x
>
>> directly from the corresponding i386 freebsd (as long as we haven't
>> rebuilt our kernel too many times), or should we in all cases be
>> building them (is there a wiki?  I'm sure setting the CFLAGS for
>
> yes you can just copy any binaries.

As you may have guessed, I'm not terribly expert.  I managed to get
this far (which is to say embarrassingly not far):

ELF interpreter /libexec/ld-elf32.so.1 not found
Abort trap: 6

The only thing I see in libexec is ld-elf.so.1 - is it possible to do
a standard sysinstall without any of the 32-bit stuff, or am I just a
symlink short of a load?  If so, is there a metaport of 32-bit stuff,
or do I have to take the leap and make buildworld?

Steve