Saša Stupar wrote:
Hi!

On my FBSD 7 server I also use screen with rtorrent. In case of server
reboot (power outage, server goes on UPS then power down) the user need
manually to login, then start screen and then rtorrent. Is it possible to
start this procedure automatically and of course as certain user and not
as root?
I was thinking about .startup file or something in users home directory.

Regards,
Sasa

cron(8) seems to be a good candidate for this. Have a look at crontab(5). You can use @reboot to execute your script every time your PC starts. Just make sure your script sets the environment (PATH and so on) correctly.