On 5 Sep 2008, at 04:34 , Gautham Ganapathy wrote:

As soon as I start copying files from FTP, this is the error I get:
/: write failed, filesystem is full

I used to get the same error on freebsd 7.0-release if the bsd partition was not aligned to cylinder boundaries. did sysinstall give any warnings about
this when you partitioned your harddrive?

No, there was no warning about alignment. Only warning was about disk geometry.

I tried to install FreeBSD couple of times, and third time it worked like charm :) No warning, no errors. Since I have two machines which are the same, I will try the second one today.

Cheers,
Nikola