James Strother wrote:
I just completed an install of FreeBSD 7.0 and couldn't help but wonder why
it was necessary for me to switch discs back and forth so much while
installing ported applications.  I've used FreeBSD on and off for a number
of years and this issue has always irked me a just a little bit.  It means
that I have to babysit the installation and it really does increase the time
required to perform the installation.
<SNIP>
Most people install only the base system from CD, then install applications from ports or download newer packages. If you insist on installing packages from the installation media, there is an easy way. Use the DVD:

http://www.tuxdistro.com/download.php?id=921&name=FreeBSD-7.0-RELEASE-DVD-ISO.torrent

Or, create one yourself using your already downloaded discs:

http://www.pa.msu.edu/~tigner/bsddvd.html