http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/creating-cds.html

section 12.5.5 Duplicating Audio CDs

has detailed information on using dd and burncd to do stuff for you.

Regards,
Neeraj

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 12:05:53AM -0500, Justin P. Michel wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Is there an easy process for CD duplication using FreeBSD V4.7-R, and a
> standard IDE/ATAPI burner?   I used to use "Nero" under Windows, but now am
> lost with "dd" and "burncd", as it seems I have to know beforehand how many
> tracks are on the CD's, and what types they are.

cdda2wav to rip the audio from the disk, then cdrecord to burn it.

Both are in the ports.

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \