Hello all,

I'd like to use something like LVM under FreeBSD, as I have a server
running FBSD 7 and I don't know what space to give to what partition,
and as I plan on installing postfix+courier-imap soon, I'd like to
have some way to share the 235GB left on my drive between /home (legal
torrents), and /var (www, mails, etc)

I had a look at GEOM and (g)vinum, and none of them seem to accept
resize of partition, while LVM (under linux) accept hotresizing of
ext2/3 & ReiserFS filesystems.

Do yoy know of any solution available as port that would provide me
with the same features as LVM ? (resize of partitions while running,
to adapt /var to my needs without copying, unmouting, resizing,
rebooting, etc)
Can LVM be used in FreeBSD ? can the default kernel read & write ext3
partitions ? I might try to install LVM on a primary partition.

Thank you in advance for your input.

--
nicodache