On Wednesday, 19 February 2003 at 17:14:49 +0530, Shantanu Mahajan wrote:
> if i understand you correctly, you want to turn off the ATX enable
> computer. for that apmd should be enable. otherwise the computer's
> power won't turn off.

If I put a Windows 2000 disk into the disk drawer and select
Shutdown from the Start menu, the computer turns off, and it will
turn itself back on at 06:00 the next morning according to my BIOS setup.

If I put a Windows 2000 disk in the disk drawer and select
Shutdown from the Start menu, remove the Windows 2000 disk and
insert a FreeBSD R4.7r4 disk into the drawer the computer
will turn itself on at 06:00 the next morning.

If I put the FreeBSD disk into the disk drawer and issue a
shutdown -p command the computer will turn itself off OK.
But the next morning it does not turn itself back on at 06:00!!!

Regards from Kjell