Andreas Widerĝe Andersen wrote:
At 15:53 19.02.2003 +0100, you wrote:

Hi list,

I hope this isn't a FAQ - i have been using FreeBSD for some years now.
My question: Where can i find a log of all the startup messages that flash by so fast that i can't read them? Not the kernel messages, but daemons that fail to start and such.

Type: dmesg or do a # more /var/log/messages

/Andreas
This only gives me the kernel messages, but not the messages from the daemons (i.e. sendmail failed and stuff like that)

Heinrich