On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 10:50 -0700, Jeff Haran wrote:
> [...]

I encountered exactly the same situation just recently when I set up cu
to monitor a serial console from another box. I'd like to be able to
unset beautify and set the script and record variables on startup but
couldn't see how it might be done other than patching the source.

In your case, however, it seems you're in luck. Take another look at
that last sentence in the description of 'tandem'. You should be able to
add the 'nt' (presumably, "no tandem") capability to /etc/remote.

Wayne