Sorry, this may be off topic.

I'm running KDE 3.1 compiled from ports, including latest kdelibs and
kdebase and latest aRts (1.1.1).

I used to have sound in KDE, but decided to turn this off as I was running
applications that didn't want to go with aRts. These are now more willing
to talk to aRts, but I can't get aRts to talk to my sound card anymore.

The card is a Creative Labs SB16, I have it running with the newpcm and sbc
drivers, and everything works fine other than aRts not cooperating.

I have tried all sorts of tinkering with aRts settings, nothing helps.

Any sugestions?

Will

--
Willie Viljoen