On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 17:57:16 -0700
perikillo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Michael Powell
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

Please don't top-post.

> > Unless you have a specific overriding reason to do -Uu you might
> > want to try -uF instead. It's what I use and it's always worked. In
> > fact, this is what I do to see if I need an upgrade:
> >
> > csup -L 2 ports && portsdb -uF && pkgdb -u && portversion
> >
> > But since I have never used portsnap don't really know anything
> > about it.
> >
> > -Mike
>    I have been trying a lot of things, I want to start again, I think
> I just need to delete /usr/ports?
>
>    Let me read again the manual and see those Flags.
>
>    I remember that the first time u run portsdb the manuals recommend
> to sue Uu, but let read the manual page, I will back soon!!!

portsdb -F and portsdb -U, both update the index file. The first
downloads it, the second creates it from scratch (which is slow).
Portsnap handles this automatically, so neither will be needed.

The work done by portsdb -u will be done automatically when portupgrade
is next run, but it may save a little time later.