On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Patrick Lamaizière
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Le Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:59:05 +0200,
> "Riaan Kruger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :
>
> > I am looking for hints to debug a driver I am working on. I get a
> > page fault when running the driver intensively.  The stack trace from
> > the kernel dump only goes up to a free command which I suspect is
> > being called from my driver. No matter what I do I cannot get a more
> > "complete" stack trace. kgdb says something about the stack being
> > corrupt when I do a backtrace/stack trace.
> >
> > Is there anything else I could use to help me pinpoint where I am
> > going wrong?
> >
> > I have tried memguard but it has given me no information. Maybe I am
> > using it incorrectly.
>
> Did you try redzone(9)? If the stack is corrupted it could be a buffer
> overflow.
>
> You can ask on freebsd-hackers or freebsd-drivers mailing lists. And
> may be show us the code?
>
> Regards.

Thanx for the reply

I realize, reading your question and my response, that I was pretty vague.
Sorry for that. I will try redzone next and then get back with more specific
questions.

PS. I am always uncertain when to ask  freebsd-questions or
freebsd-drivers/freebsd-hackers.

regards