On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 at 09:50:16 -0800, Wayne Lubin wrote:

--snip--

> I don't understand what exactly is being suggested
> here.
>
> The part I don't understand is what is being said to
> done with
>
> > Then:
> >
> >     # touch /var/log/console.log
> >     # chmod 600 /var/log/console.log
> >     # chown root:wheel /var/log/console/log
> >     # kill -HUP `cat /var/run/syslogd.pid`
>

> Are you suggesting that we add those comments to the
> file, which obviously does not make sense. Or are you
> suggesting that we uncomment those lines, but in which
> case does not make sense because those lines don't
> exist in my file. Or are you suggesting that we add
> those lines in uncommented form to the file.

--snip--

> Thanks

Actually what he meant (wrote) is that you uncomment the line in
syslogd.conf, then from the command line run the touch, chmod, chown,
and kill.

the #'s in 4 lines happen to be shell prompts

-Andrew

--
Andrew Stuart
http://www.tekrealm.net

President Thieu says he'll quit if he doesn't get more than 50% of the
vote.  In a democracy, that's not called quitting.
                -- The Washington Post