actually i agree here, running a shell server for 10 USD a head per month,
is a good idea
especially for your freinds who need to learn, just do the math, 100 users
at 10 USD a month and guess what
your making money, though its the getting users to use and abide by good
usage policies is the other trick
it is a great tool for universities to teach students with also