Bob Falanga wrote:
I have installed freeBSD on a SATA 320 gig hard drive. After running for a
few minutes I get several of the following error messages:
g_ufs_done():ad4s1d[WRITE(offset=385482752, length=16384)]error=6.
After two pages like that the computer stops and requires a hard boot to
restart.

I assume that the messages concern the hard drive, but what are they telling
me?

First, it's g_vfs_done, not g_ufs_done -- precision and accuracy are usually important when reporting error messages. In this case the important part is the "error=6". You can look this up in /usr/include/errno.h which says:

#define ENXIO           6               /* Device not configured */

which probably means that the device disappeared at runtime. What other messages were logged prior to this?

Kris