On Thursday 18 September 2008 18:23:30 imax36581 wrote:

> thanks Lowell Gilbert,it will be useful for me soon....
> but another question....
> on that page i cant find anything that can help me to scheduling
> connections....
> for example i have two account (pppoe),i want to use second account during
> 3 util 7 am and use the first account in other times
> do you have another article that help me do this?
> thanks in advance :)

Properly setup ppp profiles, using /etc/defaults/rc.conf (search for ppp) as a
guide. Also read up on rc.conf(5), very useful info.

Then use 2 crontabs at the appropreate times, as simple as:
0 3 * * * /etc/rc.d/ppp stop <dayprofile>; /etc/rc.d/ppp start <nightprofile>
0 7 * * * /etc/rc.d/ppp stop <nightprofile>; /etc/rc.d/ppp start <dayprofile>

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.