Hi,

I'd like to confirm my understanding of current status on this NIC. It seems, based on some searching, the current Realtek driver in FreeBSD doesn't support the 8111C, and that although the vendor-supplied driver _may_ work for older 5.x and 6.0 releases (if one can get it compiled, I couldn't), it doesn't work in 6.3 or 7. So the RTL8111C is effectively not supported. True?

I picked up a nice little Atom board to use as a low-power NAS, and unfortunately just assumed the onboard Realtek NIC was supported. Unfortunately I don't have a PCI slot on this mobo to use a different NIC.

Is anyone working on this driver?  :)

Thanks