Hey,

I've been trying to find anything that fits the bill. My only
requirements are:

* That it works with amd64 (on FreeBSD, obviously).
* That it supports Xvideo.
* That it has decent 2D performance.
* That it works with wide screen resolutions (so I guess basically
  modern hardware + modern driver).

Unfortunately, the 'nv' driver has significant performance issues so
nVidia cards are out. I love what ATI is doing with the radeonhd
driver, but no Xvideo yet.

I know Matrox used to be a good bet, but apparantly modern cards
require binary blobs. I hear good things about Intel chipsets, but
then I cannot find any cards that have them (only integrated on
motherboards, which puts too much of a constraint on the choice of
motherboard).

Anyone got any recommendations?

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web: http://www.scode.org