On Wednesday 19 February 2003 06:05 am, Justin P. Michel wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Is there an easy process for CD duplication using FreeBSD V4.7-R, and a
> standard IDE/ATAPI burner?   I used to use "Nero" under Windows, but now am
> lost with "dd" and "burncd", as it seems I have to know beforehand how many
> tracks are on the CD's, and what types they are.

dd if=/dev/acd0c of=foo.iso bs=2048   will read an iso off a data CD
burncd -f /dev/acd0c data foo.iso fixate   will burn it to cd-r

easy enough once you know the commands.

you need other options for audio cd's and probably other things so there's a
whole handbook section on it:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/creating-cds.html

if between that and the burncd manpage you don't get it, you may want to try
one of the gui burner programs others have mentioned or look in
www.freebsd.org/ports for more.

Tim