I'm tracking 4.7 stable.
The handbook asks me to:
go to single user mode and fsck -p (etc ...)
Can't.
"/dev/ad2s1a: NO WRITE ACCESS
/dev/ad2s1a: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY."
(Mounted RW  according to fstab).

after "make buildworld" as single user and reboot also to single user could not
"cd /usr/src" - ls shows the /usr directory containing only /usr/local and no
other directories.
I CAN find /usr/src (and a number of other useful directories <g>) as root or user.

I am next supposed to "make buildkernel # make installkernel".  This appeared to
work ok (I didn't monitor), but no new kernel appeared in the / directory (I
still had my 'old' one).

The next step was to be "make installworld" but I have not done this in view of
the earlier errors.

Can someone figure this out for me and point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

--
Brian