Hi Dan,
   Sorry my last mail was bounced back to me. That's what I wrote to you:
   No I'm not trying to build it from port tree because the ports says my
   openldap version is not compatible with pam_ldap (a new version is
   required). But I have to use an older version of openldap so, I'm
   trying to compile pam_ldap for my self. Thanks.
   Dan Nelson wrote:

In the last episode (Sep 19), Berk Gulenler said:

 Dan Nelson wrote:

In the last episode (Sep 19), Berk Gulenler said:

I'm trying to install pam_ldap 1.84 to FreeBSD version 6.3 AMD64. But
I'm getting this error message from gmake compiler. I think the
problem is an undeclared function. About this any help would be
appreciated.

Related log:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -I/usr/local/include -DLDAP_REFERRALS -DLDAP_DEPRECATED -
DPIC -D_REENTRANT  -g -O2 -Wall -fPIC -c pam_ldap.c
pam_ldap.c:3569: error: `PAM_AUTHTOK_RECOVER_ERR' undeclared (first use in this
 function)
pam_ldap.c:3569: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
pam_ldap.c:3569: error: for each function it appears in.)

Are you building the security/pam_ldap port?  That should build with no
errors.

   No I'm not trying to build it from port tree because the ports
   says my openldap version is not compatible with pam_ldap (a new
   version is required). But I have to use an older version of
   openldap so, I'm trying to compile pam_ldap for my self. Thanks.

Try editing /etc/make.conf and put

WANT_OPENLDAP_VER=23

and see if the port builds.

--