John L. Templer wrote:
I'm running 7.1-PRERELEASE, with /usr/src and /usr/ports last csup-ed just a few days ago. After being up for about a day or so the system will panic because of a page fault. I'm not completely sure, but it seems that the system is more stable when gdm and gnome are disabled in rc.conf. At least it stayed up for several days when I did that.

I've run memtest several times, so I'm pretty confident it's not a memory problem. Also the stack trace is always the same, so I'm thinking it's not hardware related.

I've attached a stack trace from kgdb, and the output from dmesg. I'd appreciate any help you could give me with this.

Please re-send to stable@ and CC [EMAIL PROTECTED] It looks like a locking problem in an error case that you are hitting (note ATA driver message prior to panic).

Kris