FreeBSD 6.2
Apache 2.2.9

DELL PowerEdge 1850
2GB RAM (only 184MB is active)

so what's up with other 1.8GB?

6x300MB SCSI 10K RPM RAID5

300MB disks at 10K? there was such?

Gigabit Ethernet Connection

My server can output NO MORE than 60Mbps (read only).

you mean Mbps or MBps

The bottle neck is the hard disk. If I use ONE connection to download file
from my server, the speed can go up to about 400Mbps.

If I let visitors download using multiple connections, the server cannot
output more than 60Mbps.

My service is similar to rapidshare/megaupload, I am wondering how they
configure their servers?

patch /usr/src/sys/sys/param.h

#ifndef DFLTPHYS
#define DFLTPHYS        (1024 * 1024)   /* default max raw I/O transfer size */
#endif
#ifndef MAXPHYS
#define MAXPHYS         (1024 * 1024)   /* max raw I/O transfer size */
#endif
#ifndef MAXDUMPPGS