Daniel Bye wrote:
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:14:05PM +0100, Kemian Dang wrote:
Daniel Bye wrote:
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 04:58:10PM +0100, Kemian Dang wrote:
Hi all,

I have a FreeBSD 7 Stable box with a nVidia 6150 Go Graphic Card.
Everything was OK sometime before, but after a series updated on ports, ( I am not sure about the time, I have not use OpenGL stuff for long time) running a program with OpenGL will cause the X crashed.
[ -- snip -- ]

The last crash is when I choose a OpenGL screensaver.

The ports is updated nearly daily, and I think this may happen after sometime after I updated the latest nVidia-driver.

Any ideas about this problem?
Try reinstalling the nVidia driver port. It installs its own GL libs,
which may have been replaced by another port, depending on the order in
which your ports were updated. Reinstalling should ensure you have the
correct libs in the correct place...

Dan

Thanks for reply Daniel.

I have re-installed the nvidia-driver and tested OpenGL - Crash again.
So it seems not the case...

Rats! Sorry that didn't help.

One other thing occurs to me - you mentioned you updated some ports. Have
you also updated your system source tree without doing a full buildworld
cycle? If so, chances are that your nVidia driver is built against a different version of the kernel source than the running kernel. Although any differences will be minimal, there is a chance that something changed enough to upset the driver.

Failing that, all I can suggest is that you keep an eye on your console
and see if the driver emits any messages just before it chokes.

Good luck!

Dan

I csuped and re-built the world before sending the question.
And there is nothing in the console...

Thanks,
Kemian