Mel skrev:
On Monday 29 September 2008 17:06:56 Leslie Jensen wrote:
Mel skrev:
On Monday 29 September 2008 13:47:45 Leslie Jensen wrote:
  I'm running FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE and I want to keep track on when
it's updated so that I can upgrade. I'm on the freebsd-announce list but
  I'm not sure if it's the right list to follow for this purpose.
/Leslie
If your intention is to know when 7.1-RELEASE is available and possibly
track security advisories afterwards, it is the correct list:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-announce/2008-February/001172.
html
Well, my intention is to be updated even on the prerelease. As I
understand from the answers, it might be somewhat ambiguous. Do you
recommend that I update once a week for example. I understand that not
all modifications will affect me, some will of course others will not

Depends what you want. Everything that goes on RELENG_7 branch currently, is a bug fix. Each bug fix, has the risk of introducing a regression bug. If you want to part of the process that tests this PRERELEASE and report any bugs, confirming bugfixes etc, then you should track RELENG_7. Best way to do that is to csup your system in the daily periodic(7). Then you can see if any fixes have been comitted, and rebuild your system.

If you simply want to know if your system still works, subscribe to announce to know when to stop testing and to build the final release, and build whenever you have time.

The script below my sig, adds csup to daily, when adding daily_csup_enable="YES" to /etc/periodic.conf and putting the proper csup file in the proper loc and/or setting the variables in /etc/periodic.conf.

Thanks! I'll try it out.
/Leslie