I currently maintaining some systems that run Nagios clients and the server
spews out "socket timeout after 10s" msgs on occasion even when nothing is
wrong.  Does anyone know of any kind of tool that saves system data over time
and allows for people to trend for patterns?  If not, what options should I use
with ps and what columns should I be capturing so I can save the resulting data
via script?

tia,

 - Joe