Hi All,

There was a port called net/vnc that contained a vnc.so file. That file could be loaded into the Xorg server and then I was able to monitor the X desktop with VNC.

Now I'm using gnome, and gnome2-fifth-toe installs tightvnc. It conflicts with net/vnc. So I cannot install net/vnc. What other options I have to run an X server?

The only extra wish is that the X server must be able to start automatically, e.g. without logging into gnome. I need this because the X server will be located at a distant location and I have to be able to use it after a system restart.

Thanks,

  Laszlo