On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 08:32:50PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following prblem with sysinstall: when I run sysinstall inside
> an xterm I find it very difficult to read the yellow font on the gray
> background, which appears very light on my laptop LCD and also on an Eizo
> LCD. Strangely, the gray is much darker if I run sysinstall from the
> console outside X. Is there a way to make the gray darker when sysinstall
> is run inside an xterm?

This should be solved at the core: adjust the RGB colours associated
with the ANSI/colour sequences in xterm.  Does xterm support this?
Surely it stores the RGB values somewhere, I just don't know if they're
hard-coded.  (I'm not an X guru).

It's quite possible in programs like rxvt, PuTTY, and SecureCRT
(Windows).