On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 11:13:00AM +0200, Laszlo Nagy wrote:
> Johan Hendriks írta:
>> If find / -sx is running and is consuming all CPU, what is the value of
>> vfs.ufs.dirhash_mem:
>>
>> # sysctl -a | grep dirhash
>>
> shopzeus# sysctl -a | grep dirhash
> vfs.ufs.dirhash_docheck: 0
> vfs.ufs.dirhash_mem: 2095818
> vfs.ufs.dirhash_maxmem: 2097152
> vfs.ufs.dirhash_minsize: 2560
>
>> Make sure vfs.ufs.dirhash_mem: is not close to vfs.ufs.dirhash_maxmem:
>>
> All right. It is close to it. Which one should I increase? I put this
> into /etc/sysctl.conf:
>

> vfs.ufs.dirhash_maxmem=8228608
>
> Would it be scufficient?

We don't know, and can't tell you.  You'll have to monitor
vfs.ufs.dirhash_mem occasionally to see if you start to reach
vfs.ufs.dirhash_maxmem.

I have a tendency to use vfs.ufs.dirhash_maxmem=16777216, which is
16384*1024 (16MBytes).

I'm not fully confident this is what's causing your problem, but it's
definitely a recommendation by Johan.