On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 03:08:48PM -0700, Fred Condo wrote:

> On Oct 10, 2008, at 2:31 PM, Gary Kline wrote:
>

> >     Guys,
> >
> >     When I restarted apache22, there was a warning that
> >     something was missing.  It had nothing [ hopefully ] to
> >     do with the new virtual site I want to set up.
> >
> >     Can anybody tell me what the following error is?  I do
> >     have an index.html file in /usr/local/www/cryonics.
> >     Also have the entries in the apache22/Includes/httpd*
> >     and in my namedb/* files.  I have more that five virtual
> >     websites; what am I forgetting here??
> >
> >     gary
> >

> >lynx: Can't access startfile http://cryonics.thought.org/
> >

> >--
> >Gary Kline  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.thought.org  Public
> >Service Unix
> >       http://jottings.thought.org   http://transfinite.thought.org
>
> It's your DNS:
>
> $ host cryonics.thought.org
> Host cryonics.thought.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

        Yes, you're absoultely right [ as i had an idea about around 45
        minutes after my post.  It was January since I last touched those
        files, and sad to admin, my LAN volunteer did that favor when he
        re-organized stuff for me.  Thus, i thank you muchly and hang my
        head in shame.

        And, uhhh, i've got an even dumber question coming up very
        shortly.  just to prepare the list for more yuks.

        gary

--
 Gary Kline  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix