On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 at 2:22pm Jeff Jirsa wrote:

> "Dominique Mabileau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>  > Hello,
>  > My screen get frozen every time I click on the link to download FreeBsd
>  > (French, German, ...).
>  > I'm using Windows2000/IE6. Can you help me ?
>

> Use the standard windows ftp client. From the command line, just
> type 'ftp'.

Unless they've changed it very recently, that will not help
because the cmd line ftp from M$ doesn't have passive mode.  In IE
you need to go into Tools --> Internet Options --> Browsing and
check the box that says something like "Use Passive mode FTP for
compat with some firewalls".  (Why in Dog's name this is not the
default in 2003 is known only to the wizards of Redmond...)