--On Tuesday, October 14, 2008 01:39:45 -0500 Manish Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I am poor at networking and need a little bit of help. My dad has a
Windows 2000 machine with a network card but does not have a connection
to the internet. My freebsd 6.2 box is connected to the internet

How is your FreeBSD 6.2 box connected to the internet? Directly to the modem? What sort of connection do you have? Dial-up? DSL? Satellite? Cable?

The answers to these questions determine how you go about networking the two machines together.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst