Hi,
FreeBSD ayiin.octantis.com.au 7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #94: Wed
Oct 15 09:46:16 EST 2008
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/AYIIN  i386

I've noticed when /usr becomes full (due to a large port build or other
reasons) that my computer becomes completely locked up - frozen. There is no
panic or crash, the system starts becoming more and pegged down  - load starts
to climb, then system blocks intermittently for ever longing periods, load
climbs over 30.... and it never comes back from locked-land.

Other than "don't let the system run out of disk space", is there any other fix?

FWIW,i have 3 GELI md-backed volumes located + mounted in /usr/home/betom/ .

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Always do right.  This will gratify some and astonish the rest."
  Mark Twain

Warned.