Hello,

I am not sure if I should be here or over at a pf specific list but here is my problem.

I am trying my hand at pf on a 7.0-p5 RELEASE box and one rule is giving me problems.

pass in quick on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any port 22 flags S/SA \ (max-src-conn 15, max-src-conn-rate 5/3, overload <bruteforce> flush global)

Actually the "pass in" line does not generate the error. The next line does.

/etc/pf.conf:71: syntax error
If I remove the line the error goes away (obviously). I have tried using the exact line from the FreeBSD pf.conf man page:

(max-src-conn-rate 100/10, overload <bad_hosts> flush global)

(I changed <bad_hosts> to <bruteforce>)and that generates the same error. I tried just using:
(max-src-conn-rate 100/10)

but that too gives me a syntax error.

Any help is appreciated.

Peter Clark