Before I go off rashly and join another mailing list or two, might I
enquire here regarding the difference between virtual alias' and virtual
mailboxes from mailman's point of view? I've been googling, but I'm as
confused as ever...

What I have is vmailboxes on postfix (with a courier frontend) and I
want to setup a mailing list server for at least some of the domains
postfix is hosting.

According to mailman docs it will only use virtual alias' to run. Based
on my current configuration (which I'd like to keep for simplicity), how
do I reconcile this?