Guys,

        I've been using the FBSD firewall pfSense since last January
        without fully understanding it.  Now I'm getting some clues as to
        one *possibility* why my new laptop may not be working.  --It is
        more probably a hardware fauly, but maybe somebody can clue me in
        How both my wife and my daughter and I (with my new ThinkPad G41)
        were given IP's _within_ the "Range" that was set up.

        My private IP's are listed as

        10.47.0.0 -- 10.47.0.255

        and my Range is listed as

        10.47.0.101 to 10.47.0.120.  The "Range" is described on one
        site:

           You will need to set the Range of the DHCP server which
           will regulate how many IP addresses you will give out.

        My wife's Dell XP has 10.47.0.119; daughter's Macbook is
        10.47.0.115; and when I clicked around and made my daughter's
        computer IP "static", pfSense gave me an error.  It said that
        it was incorrectly within the "Range".  How can I change/edit it
        so that it is outside the range?  I would like everything
        possible to be set in concrete.  Will pfSense pick an IP outside
        the range?

        tia,

        gary

--