Hello, i am interested in setting up a small cluster, of about 5 machines to
show how this can work on a university environment. Its kind of a pitch to
university authorities to show them how this work so they can think on
investing top dollars on it.  We have a bunch of workstations running FreeBSD,
However as i been reading through the documentation, the canonical situacion
would be a environment where the machines netboot over the server, get most of
their partitions over NFS and have NIS installed so users can authenticate at
the server and share resources available at the cluster.

My question is, it is possible to just install SGE, grid Mathematica (or maybe
MPI, open-MPI, a custom application), share the home directory over NFS, copy
some ssh keys to the other nodes and run them like a cluster?. Please someone
with more experience on this kind of install help me with a series of steps
designed on how to get this running.

Regards
Gerardo Paredes