On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 8:43 AM, Manfred Usselmann <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:43:03 +0200 (CEST)
> Wojciech Puchar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > the software admin told me that the permissions should be very open
> > > on the directories and files
> > > so i made them 0777. the software worked like a charm for about 2
> > > months but after that
> > > at some point the client couldn't access the files on the samba
> > > server.
> >
> > if it could work for 2 months and then refused - something must have
> > been changed on the client software side.
>
> Yes, something must have changed. Most likely the problem had nothing
> to do with FreeBSD against Linux. I appears that the fresh setup fixed
> it.
>
 I have never said that it has something to do with  FBSB. And unfortunately
i didn't
had the time to debug it to find out the problem. I would like to know what
happened there.
The good thing is that a future client of my company works with the same
accounting software
and the server runs FBSD so if something goes wrong i'll have the time to
debug properly.

all the best,
v

>
> --
> Manfred Usselmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> _______________________________________________
> freebsd-questions@freebsd.org mailing list
> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
> To unsubscribe, send any mail to "
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
>
_______________________________________________
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Reply via email to